Monday, January 23, 2012

From January 9


Hey Guys!
 
So glad you had such a good time in NYC and celebrating Grandma's birthday, those three holidays (Christmas, her b-day and New Year's) are some of the most fun with the fam so I am glad you kept it that way. Merry Christmas, happy birthday, Grandma and Happy New Year! :)
 
As you can probably tell by the title of this Email, the weather does not feel like any January I remember living through haha. Dad will be able to back me up on that one when he gets here. So last night I found out who my new companion is and right at this very moment, he is sitting next to me Emailing, too. His name is Elder M. and I have served around him for a little bit in Metro Zone. He is so solid. He is from Kentucky and was never a Zone Leader, just a District Leader for a while so there will be some learning curve, but he is more than capable of handling it and is such a good missionary. I have actually wanted to be his comp for a long time. Ever since I went on exchanges with him like 8 months ago. This transfer will be so good, I can't even explain how pumped I am!!!! YEAAHH! We are going to tear it up! Haha
 
This week was the still before the storm that we have coming up that will keep us on our toes until the end of February or beginning of March. In between now and then we have two transfers to plan, two transfers to carry out, two ZLCs to plan, two MLTs to plan, a Zone conference to plan and actually do, and about 8 exchanges with Zone Leaders...AHHH...I wrote on our white board a good reminder..."breathe in, breathe out" haha
 
This past week we were able to teach quite a bit and talk to some awesome people from Guatemala to Austria to Australia...LA is such a melting pot; so cool. Elder H. and I taught a Book of Mormon class at the ward as well during the week and it was really fun to dive deep into it and the chapters and get some different perspectives on things and stuff.
 
This week we will be working on transfers and it promises to be just as crazy as all the other ones...seems like this one will have a common theme of boundary changes as far as areas and stuff to try and stimulate some growth in the Chinese Branch in Palos Verdes. Oh boy, gotta love it, right?
 
Awesome books I have been reading? Well, I have been working through the Book of Mormon again really slowly and breaking down each verse and stuff and it is really awesome to be able to just slow down and take my time. I have also been re-listening to General Conference on the computer as I do different things which has helped me a lot as far as teaching and just learning in general...I can recall things I have heard in different talks and things...love that living scripture :)
 
Goals? That is a loaded question that I probably couldn't share any insights on that you don't already know...but I have come to realize that there are patterns in life...patterns that we fall into whether good or bad, and there are two kinds of people. Those who are put into a new situations and follow the pattern - this can be very good at times when patterns that are established are positive like if you join into a group of friends who has a pattern of going to the temple weekly...great pattern. The other type of person (and I say person but it is more like each of us fall into both of these categories at some point or other) are those who seek to change old patterns and reestablish new ones...For example, you join a group of friends with a pattern of going to the movies every weekend. Often times we must choose between good patterns and changing them for better patterns. For example, going to the movies every weekend is good, but if that is taking the place of going to the temple weekly, a new pattern should be established.
 
In the office this past week, we have been reevaluating everything we do and figuring if it is a good pattern ad then if it is the best pattern and changing them accordingly. I am very exited for this pattern of evaluating patterns to continue and I invite all of you to evaluate the patterns in your lives and see if there is need for a change...there is no time like the present :)
 
Love you guys!
 
Love,
Elder Molinaro

No comments:

Post a Comment