Monday, January 23, 2012

From December 19


Hi Guys!
 
I am so excited to talk to you, too! You Guys are awesome! :) In the meantime, I am trying to make a Christmas card to send to all my recent converts and members that I have gotten close to.

This week went well. We actually got to work a lot in our area which was fun, and I have seen the Lord bless me. We knocked many doors, and talked to a lot of Jewish people which is always a treat because they need to hear absolutely everything we have to say so it really doesn't matter which topic you begin with. We found a way cool family this week too, and I am crossing my fingers that they solidify and turn into some real potential.
 
For Christmas Eve this year we will be going to the mission nurse's home in Bel Air and having dinner with her and her family after which we will act out the nativity. Apparently, Elder H. and I have been drafted to be wise men...must have been desperate, acting wise will definitely be just that...acting haha. Then on Christmas day we will be going to G. and S.'s home for dinner (the same investigators we had Thanksgiving with). I am excited, they are so kind to us and really feel like family. One day you will have to meet them.
Saturday we got to go through the temple with one of Elder H.'s recent converts and it was my first temple session in Spanish which was really quite fun. It definitely helped me understand some more things with the translation and different words and such.
 
Christmas Insights I have gained? That is a good question. I think the biggest insight I have gained is one I have mentioned before. Namely, that there are so many people who have no idea what it is all about. They don't get it. I am not just talking about Christmas either, I am talking about life. They are so wrapped up into what they think is important that they never gain the one thing that makes life so happy and worth living and that is an eternal perspective.
 
The one thing we can give our Heavenly Father is our will and use our agency to do what He would have us do, and the one thing we all need to give ourselves is an eternal perspective. When that perspective is not only gained, but the decisions you make are consistently founded upon it, that is when it makes it easier to give our will to the Lord. We understand that no matter what, the most important things in life are family, covenants, and the application of the Lord's atonement.
That is the whole reason we celebrate the Christmas season. We recognize what the coming of a Savior means to each of us. It means redemption, it means a second chance, it means the ability to enter into God's rest, and it is the only thing that allows an eternal perspective to turn from a wish and a hope into a reality.
 
These Insights that I have slowly gained over time and with much study are things that I hold dear, along with all of you. Heavenly Father has blessed me so abundantly, and I feel so lucky to be His son. I have gained so much insight and personal revelation about the true nature of God and His masterful plan for me and to me, that is the greatest gift that I could ever receive at this Christmas season.
 
These thoughts and truths are what drives me and motivates me to keep knocking doors, keep talking to everyone even if they look like they want nothing to do with me, and what keeps me having a positive attitude no matter what happens, because I know exactly where I am going. If the world ended, if the sun turned off, if Christ came back on His upcoming birthday, I would be ready and I would be so excited to hear His voice call me His.
 
I invite all of you to feel the same, to gain that perspective, and then act accordingly with consistency. It brings more happiness than I can describe and I can't wait to try when I talk to ya' on Sunday :)
I love you all so much and am living the dream out here in Southern California. I know that God lives and that this is His church. Jesus is the Christ, born in humble beginnings, but when He returns it will be in majesty and great glory. I can't wait for that day.
 
Love,
Elder Molinaro

No comments:

Post a Comment