Monday, January 23, 2012

From December 26


Family!
 
It was so great to talk to all of you and hear how everything is going. Sounds like you had a terrific holiday and that it was great to have the whole gang together. I am so happy that you all are doing well and are happy.
 
The experience I had teaching that woman in Spanish was definitely a great one though. She was just not getting all the gospel terminology in English, so I just started asking her questions in Spanish and she lit up and started talking and I invited her to be baptized and she agreed! What a miracle.
 
Speaking of miracles, M. (K.'s sister from Huntington Park) got baptized yesterday. I taught her for a while with Elder H. It is so cool to see the areas that I have been in doing so well after I leave them. One of my on-going goals is to leave the area better than I found it, and Fox Hills was the second highest baptizing area in the mission in 2011, so that is pretty cool.
 
The Lord is definitely blessing me for my service and all the blessings that He gives me just makes me want to work harder and harder. I won't slow down for anything. One of my new favorite quotes that I heard at church the other day that sums up a large portion of what I have come to realize on my mission is that "There is nothing noble in being better than some other man. The true nobility lies in being better than your previous self." I can't remember if I had already told you guys that, but it is so true.
 
This life is a life of progression, and personal progression. Remember when I said that there are no winners or losers to God? Well, the instant we start comparing ourselves, we cease to see others as children of God, our Brothers and Sisters. Just something I have been thinkin' lately.
 
Well Guys, I love ya' and I am so grateful for the chance that I have had to dedicate 100% of 2011 to the Lord...make your Mormon.org Profiles! :)
 
Love,
Elder Molinaro

No comments:

Post a Comment