Monday, December 19, 2011

From October 19


Dear Family,
 
How are things? I really don't know where to start with reporting what has gone on this past week and a half, but I might as well try, right? Last week was really good, and Elder H. and I got a lot done. Our investigators are progressing well, and Hma E.and Hma M. both got baptized! Break out the victory nachos, Ty!
 
So Sunday morning we had stake report meeting, and after the meeting, President B. said he needed to talk to me for a minute. Having no idea why, I went into a room with him and had a short interview. "Elder Molinaro," he started, "you have been in Huntington Park for a long time haven't you?" "Yes, President I have." "Well, Elder Molinaro we are so grateful for all the hard work you have put in and for all your dedicated service, but we have a new assignment for you. Elder Molinaro we are going to ask you to come up to the office to work with us and be my new Assistant, are you ready to do that?"
 
Needless to say I was surprised, but I am the new Assistant to the President (AP) here in the CLAM! That is quite the news to be told on a Sunday when I needed to finish planning a baptism and getting Hma M. and her mom baptized.
 
As if the stress wasn't already enough, it was a tough Sunday to stay focused on the here and now. The weirdest thing is that I remember it like it was yesterday when Elder W. went up to the office and left Inglewood, but it was almost 11 months ago. Well, the same thing happened to me on Monday morning. The Assistants came up to Huntington Park and grabbed me and my stuff; Elder H. is staying there with a young man who is preparing for his mission.
 
So far in the office it has been great. It's really fun getting trained on all the new things I have to do by the current Assistants. We have had several multiple-hour meetings with President B. to work on transfers, and it is like a huge puzzle except almost the opposite where the hardest pieces/missionaries to place are at the very end whereas in a puzzle the last piece is the easiest.
 
I am so sorry this Email is so broken, but I am in the family history library and keep getting interrupted by missionaries coming up and talking to me and Elder G. (the AP I am coming in for).
I have been praying really hard lately trying to align my will with the will of the Father, and I am ready to do whatever He will ask of me. I don't know a lot of the things I will be doing, but next week I will be able to update you better.
 
I love you all so much and will answer your testimony questions later. Please keep me in your prayers, I am going to need it!
 
Love,
Elder Molinaro

No comments:

Post a Comment