Tuesday, October 4, 2011

From September 19


Dear Family,

I...have not been transferred, and neither has Elder H.  My eleventh transfer in the mission and still in just my second area haha I wasn't disappointed at all to tell you the truth.  I like staying in an area for a long time because then I really get to build relationships with members and investigators and you really end up internalizing the area book and keeping formers and referrals and stuff in your head...kinda cool.  It is also easy to tell when people are lying when they say oh yeah I have already talked to missionaries...then I ask how long ago and they say oh about 4 or 5 months...gotcha!  I have never seen you before in my life and I was here 4 or 5 months ago! You end up making friends with the homeless people at the different stop lights and the dumpster divers looking for recycling, especially when you see them out there and run them out a few plastic bottles.  

All in all, I am really enjoying my time in Metro, and I am glad I get to stay, but I highly doubt I will stay one more because Elder H. has one left after this, and I doubt they would flush us and pretty sure I won't stay 7...but its possible I suppose.  Only time will tell...speaking of time, where is it going!?  It is almost hockey season again!  This past week was good...actually I will say great, this past week was great.  Transfer day was crazy nuts with all the new stuff happening, but Metro officially has a new face...quite a few of them, and lets just say its gonna be interesting haha I am excited for the diversity and the comical stuff that I am positive will ensue.

We have three missionaries training brand new missionaries, and the MTC has officially changed their curriculum which affects stuff in the field, so there is a new training program called The First Twelve Weeks, and it is pretty cool/intense.  We got a crash course of it at MLT on saturday and it is in depth studying and a different schedule and pretty cool actually.  We got two new district leaders.  One its his second transfer as a DL and the other is brand spankin' new, so that will be fun to be able to help them improve and reach their potential.  

Investigators?  Sister E. is doing well, really strong desire to learn, and she wants to be baptized bad so that is a big step, but her 2 year old child is an F7 tornado and it is hard to get the spirit there for any extended period of time when we teach her...any ideas moms, grandmas and future moms?  Please?  haha he is a great test of patience, but she is doing really good.  Brother U. is starting to show more interest, still stuck between wanting to be a kid and realizing he has a wife and a kid now and he can't have both.  We have received a few really good referrals this past week too that show a lot of promise and I am so excited to be able to work with them.  

And...Brother O, Sister H, and Sister R. got baptized yesterday!!!!!  Yeah baby!  We were so thrilled!  Their baptismal service was right after Stake Conference, and the service went so well, went off without a hitch which is rare.  We invited a ton of people, and the ward gave good support, and the Young Women came together to sing a special musical number and really invite Rosa to do stuff, and the spirit was strong, and it was so good...so good...can't even really put it into words, but it was terrific, and I was/am so happy!  Thanks for all your prayers and fasting, etc, every little bit has helped and they are strong in the gospel and looking forward to learning more.  Hopefully the pictures I attach go through ok.  

What else happened this week?  Two more things.  After mail pick up at the temple, we are standing by our cars, waiting for some missionaries to come outside and this white Ford Explorer pulls up and we hear, "hi Elders," look over, and there is David...David Archuleta.  Turns out he was in LA for some meetings and was doing baptisms at the temple and he thought he would come and say hi and give us some referrals for friends he has in San Pedro...great guy, Sara I approve haha!  

Oh yeah haha last saturday we walked into our apartment complex to find a ton of people practicing dances and planning something.  One of our formers was there and told us about the quinceanera coming up for one of our neighbors...which ended up happening on Saturday night...or should I say Sunday morning?  Needless to say, we had a live mariachi band outside our window blaring on tubas and trumpets until 4 in the morning.  There were balloons, food, presents, and beer...so much beer, and probably about 200 people there to consume it all.  Lets just say it wasn't the best nights sleep of my mission with a live band, dancing, and 200 of my closest drunk latin friends.  What a combination, I can't wait to show you all videos of it haha it was pretty epic.  

Well guys thats pretty much the haps for this past week.  I am absolutely loving my mission and learning something new every single day.  I love the struggle of doing hard things, watching myself and testimonies grow, figuring things out, working with zone members, and most of all I love my Savior Jesus Christ and I have gotten to know him so well over the last little while.  Love you guys a ton and I pray for ya every day.  Peace be the Journey :)


Love,

Elder Molinaro

Elder H, Sister R, Sister H, Brother O and Elder Molinaro at their babtism

No comments:

Post a Comment