Tuesday, June 21, 2011

From May 23


Hey Family!!

This week was…good I suppose haha I will explain later. It’s crazy that I have been out here for a year already but like I said last week, it by no means means that I am counting down or headed downhill…I'm just getting started haha.  Glad you all liked the pictures that I sent, I hoped the horse one would bring some smiles haha there is a lot of weird stuff here, especially in the alleys and that broken down beat up toy horse was just too good to pass up-so I took complete advantage.

We had an MLT this past week-mission leadership training and then a ZLC right after just for zone leaders and actually talked about the zone goal ideas for June.  Thanks for your ideas but you will have even more time to think until July because for June (spoiler alert, this is info that the rest of the mission won't know til Tuesday-Thursday) we will be doing a mission goal for every companionship on the mission to baptize with the theme of Honoring Your Father-Fathers Day as well as Heavenly Father so we will see how that goes.  I am pretty excited actually, it is about time we all got a kick in the rear end- our mission isn’t producing like it should and this will be the jumpstart we need.

Coming up in the mission??  Well this week is Zone Conference and we will be the host zone because it will be at the LA Stake Center and I will be conducting and training with Elder Kelly.  We are doing a 45 minute training for our zone as well as Lakewood Zone on the perspective of finding and talking to everyone, etc.  I have been studying for it all week long and it all finally came together this morning which is great news because its tomorrow haha. 

The theme that we have come up with is becoming fishers of men and using the analogy the Savior used in the account given in Luke and Mark.  Talking to missionaries about leaving their nets in the water and constantly finding using different tools like dependable dolphins-members, trustee turtles-recent converts, clown fish-less actives, and goldfish-investigators to constantly be receiving referrals and finding-leaving the net in the water instead of trying to go at it with a hook or two-a lot more fish can be caught with a net, etc. We are going to use some cool visuals and puns and such to bring it all together along with the post it idea you gave us mom but using the word investigators instead of answers.  I am pretty excited and I will have to let you know how it all goes. 

Things with Elder K. are going well, we are getting along fine and working well together.  Saturday we had the chance to go to the temple with one of his recent converts and it was a much needed surprise trip to the house of the Lord for me.  Received some good inspiration and revelation and all that good stuff.

Our missionaries are doing ok. Like I said earlier, our mission isn’t producing like it should/has in the past so that’s the big mystery all us zone leaders are working on with president.  Missionaries just seem like they are waiting out their two years instead of forgetting themselves and completely dedicating themselves to the work.  Stupid little disobedience things just add up and keep others from having the success they deserve but it is a work in progress and I think our perspective training will have a profound impact.  That is the hope at least.

Like some missionaries see themselves knocking doors, some see themselves finding 8 new investigators and teaching 20 other lessons to report on Sunday for numbers but we should be thinking that we are looking for people to bring to the gospel through baptism…perspective.  I think one of my first emails from the MTC was about that but it is still a battle out here a year later.

My ward is good, I am still trying to really get to know everyone so I can tell what kind of resources I am dealing with but it is fairly supportive.  We have a few good members in our area which is a real blessing, but the ward in general is struggling, not as solid as we built Inglewood second up to be but it is progressing, and we are happy to help.

My area is so good, I love it.  It is poorer than my old area, more ghetto and not a lot of apartments at all.  More houses that a ton of people live in or like lots that have a front house with three back houses like addresses that are ½, 2/3, ¾ etc.  Still looking for platform 9 and ¾ haha.  It is more inland so it gets hotter but I really like the demographic of it with the view of downtown and the back alleys and such.  It’s a pretty sweet area, I just wish we had more legit time to work it but meetings and dealing with zone problems have their merits too, right? Someone’s gotta do it, why not me so others can work.

I learned a ton about being fishers of men this week like I said, but I really like something said in Jesus the Christ.  Jesus chose fishermen to be his apostles because they knew how to catch fish whose fate was death, then he took them with the talents they had developed and taught them to catch men and bring them everlasting life…that is more or less what it said haha.

Well guys, I love you a ton and hope Dad had a good birthday…next week I expect a Sharks update haha.  Make it a great week guys, peace be the journey.

Love,
Elder Molinaro

No comments:

Post a Comment