Monday, June 27, 2011

From June 27

Hey Guys,

I have been dealing with picture stuff, so I don't have a ton of time, but this week was one of the best of my mission for sure...more specifically the weekend.  So I won't have time to answer all your questions or go day by day, but transfers were Wednesday, and Elder K. and I stayed together so that is good, and that means that I will most likely be here for one more transfer after this at least because this is Elder K's last transfer and they don't like whitewashing zone leader areas...

So the beginning of the week was tough because I had to say goodbye to Elder W, and he is one of my best friends so that was not the funnest of days.  It feels weird not to have him here in the mission anymore.  The end of the week was when things really started to pick up.  So we have been teaching Hermana M and Hermano C for a long time now and the only thing they were waiting on was the money to get married so she could get baptized.

Well, the money came after a lot of prayers and they told us Wednesday that they were going to get married the next day...so, Thursday we went by and were ready for them to say something like we got married, instead they said that the place was booked and they would have to wait.  Talk about a let down.  So, Friday we get a call from them and they let us know that someone cancelled in the wedding place so they had a slot Saturday...and it happened!  It was like everything was happening in slow motion as we literally watched prayers be answered before our very eyes!  They got married and were so happy and the service was great.

Backtrack, Wednesday I get a call informing me that Sister Y called the missionaries, informing them that she was ready to be baptized, she then proceeded to pass her interview and asked them to ask me if I would baptize her!  I accepted the invitation of course.

Mom, to answer your question...yes, everyone here went obnoxiously crazy when Mexico beat the United States.  Lets just say for a few hours there, nobody...and I mean nobody would open the door to a few white kids trying to talk to them while they were watching the game with a hundred of their closest friends haha.  After the game they were driving real fast, and Mexican flags were absolutely everywhere, horns were sounding, there was a parade on Pacific Avenue, and there were multiple police helicopters watching the festivities and borachos from above.  It was crazy and insane and quite entertaining to watch unfold.  

Sunday was crazy busy.  Hermana M had her baptismal service where Elder K and I sang a duet a cappella and then he baptized her and I gave the missionary moment.  The spirit of the service was so strong and there was a good turnout from the ward to support her.  There were so many people in tears, and she felt so happy.  She is such a sweet and dear lady, and I have grown to love her so much.

Then Elder K and I headed to Inglewood where it was a madhouse because of all different wards having baptisms, but the one I came for went well.  Sister Y was really happy and excited and it was one of the more fulfilling feelings of my mission to baptize her.  It felt like months and months of hard work and prayers and fasting that seemed to be fruitless finally paid off.  I was so happy for her.  As well to see my favorite ward ever...Inglewood 2nd.  I have grown to love the members there so much, and the C family were there and were just as wonderful as ever.  He is the cub scout master and loves it, she will be speaking in church in two weeks, their son did baptisms for the dead in the temple last month, while their first daughter is making all kinds of friends at church and loving every second of it.  Even the littlest girl came up to me, motioned for me to bend down so she could whisper something in my ear and she said, "Molinaro, today I went to my class all by myself."  Her face lit up and so did mine.  I love you guys so much, make it a great week!!


Love,
Elder Molinaro

No comments:

Post a Comment