Sunday, September 11, 2011

From September 5


Hey guys, stop wearing white!!!

No white after Labor Day right??  haha I think thats a rule??  Not really sure...anyway, that isn't gonna stop us from putting a few people into white this month!  We are excited for September to be here and are ready to rock and roll!  I guess I am kinda pumped...it could be the new zone goal, I will expound later.  

Well, this week was pretty good.  It is so hard to tell you what has happened though, because honestly it all runs together.  Like at the beginning of my mission I had plenty to write because everyday something new happened, but...that is not the case anymore...its more of the same.  Some people listen, some people don't, some people get your hopes up, and some people get your hopes down.  Some straight up lie to your face, and some send their kids to the door to tell us they aren't home...thats the worst though.  

Like the other day, this three year old comes to the door and says my mom isn't home...and we said well could you ask her when she will be home?  He said yes and ran to the back room and asked haha he came back and said she was showering!?  Its ridiculous, but estoy acostumbrado ya jaja poor kids. 

Investigator wise, Sister R. is doing well and has decided she wants to be baptized still after a really good lesson teaching about how the Holy Ghost works.  Turns out when she was happy she felt like getting baptized and when she got mad she didn't...duh haha but it was quite the battle to get that info out of her.  She is progressing well though, and I am not gonna tell you when her date to get baptized is but the Monday after it happens you will know...I think it jynxes it if I share.  

Brother O. and Sister H. are dragging their feet about the whole marriage issue.  It is kind of frustrating, but it has given me a lot of time to study marriage and stuff and the more I study, the more I realize how different it is from what the world sees it as, and how unprepared to get married anytime soon I am.  I know I still have a lot more to learn, but it is so much more than just picking someone you think you will be happy with, or even someone thats a member of the church.  It is about finding someone that will be a teamate and help you as you help them make it to the Celestial Kingdom and the highest degree of the Celestial Kingdom.  No one can do it alone.  We are picking who we want to be Gods with essentially.  But, we don't exactly knock doors with that intro to the Gospel haha just something I have come to learn and understand on a whole new level.  

Tonight we have a good lesson planned for them...eh...its pretty much a throwdown ultimatum lesson.  With love and the spirit of course.  They are both super converted to the gospel, and participate at church, and buy us fruit and bread, and read and pray and are always so happy to see us and more importantly learn about the gospel.  I will keep you posted with them and you please keep them in your prayers.  

Sister E. is doing really good, super elect and prepared, and we taught her yesterday actually with her recently baptized daughter there from Long Beach which was neat.  She will be baptized, the question is when.  I swear it is tough to get on Heavenly Father's time table!  Patience is a virtue I need to work on.  I just want these people to be happy ASAP!  Is it such a crime??  

Brother U. is still MIA which is hard because he was so close, but there is nothing I can do...keep doing my part and pray I suppose.  This past week was pretty hectic with exchanges but I went on them twice with Elder M. and Elder W.  Both great Elders and district leaders, both really driven, and Elder W. gave me a quote that I loved, "What is not to be liked about missionary work? You get to ride your bike with your friend, looking for more friends, and every night is a sleepover." haha I liked that a lot.  

Honestly that sums up how I feel about my mission.  It is just so terriffic and fun and hard and awesome all at the same time that words don't really describe it.  So fun to struggle and learn and grow and stretch and see how much I can do.  I am loving every second.  So for zone goal we focused on something Elder Duncan said when he came about finding out maximums in the past as far as key indicators and make our maximums our new minimums.  It is called Metro Book of Records and talks about breaking records by district.  

Each district works to break a different record every week of the month, and the presentation was the best part because we bought actual records...you know the really big cds :) haha and we spray painted the middle gold and wrote the key indicator on one side and the number to beat on the other side and had each member of the district who was on board come up and break the "record" together, explaining that it would take all of them to beat it.  They all came up and shattered the record and everyone keeps a piece in their pocket throughout the week to remind them of their goal.  Kind of a fun play on words with breaking records.  The district that completes the highest percentage of their maximum for the week gets to all sign a full gold record (spray painted once again, but the whole thing) and it will be framed and hung in the zone leader apartment till the millineum!  haha 

Well that is my life right now, just working to rewrite the metro book of records and ZLC is tomorrow so I am pretty excited.  Love you all so much and hope you have a great day- the day school is supposed to start after...don't wear white!  Thats my investigator's job!  Peace be the Journey.


Love,
Elder Molinaro

No comments:

Post a Comment