Monday, August 22, 2011

From August 16

Hey Family!


That's so crazy that the first day of school was yesterday and that my little bro is now a senior in high school with a parking spot! haha Hope all is well besides the fact that time seems to be speeding up!  Loved the pictures of the backyard and the waterfall and the fountain and of course, you guys!  Everyone looks great and it appears as if Ty is putting some sweet threads to good use.  He is growing as fast as Ashley's hair and Chris's mounting desire to abandon those childish teams and embrace the majesty of bay area sports :)  


This past week has been...actually...really good!  Seriously, no complaints. We are trying to tear it up right now, and this past week our teaching pool has really started to solidify.  We finally got to talk to Brother U. and he is scared of letting himself down after baptism.  Man I have been studying for him for days and tonight we will have a sweet lesson about Christ walking on water and beckoning to Peter to come to him tying it to what the Savior is doing to Brother U. right now, asking him to meet him half way.  At some point he has to face a fear and leave it to faith, stepping out of the boat...and when his faith falters, just like with Peter, the Savior will reach out and catch him.  I am pretty excited to teach him tonight.  Its kind of cool how excited it makes me to be able to teach these people.  Its because they have become a part of me, or like I have thought, prayed, fasted, and worked for them for so long that I love them so much and want as many chances to help them as I can get.  They have become more than investigators, they have become my friends.  


Sister P. is still messing with my head and heart flip flopping and showing interest and promise one day and nothing the next.  Brother O. and Sister A. are doing well though, they are loving the gospel and changing and it is so cool to watch.  At first we were just teaching Brother O, then Sister A. joined, then Brother M. came in only for the prayers, then Brother B. and Brother M, and now it is the whole family that is listening. They all listen and all kneel and pray with us, and this past Sunday they all 5 came to church and last night we invited Sister R. to be baptized and she agreed!!!  


We had an appointment with a former investigator this past week and it fell through, so we talked to her neighbors and found a girl named Sister D. who has an interesting past.  She was addicted to meth for three years, and had some pretty creepy experiences with idol worship and...well I will spare you the details, but some evil stuff, but she decided to listen to us, and yesterday we taught her the restoration probably the most powerfully that I have ever taught it on my mission, and she too accepted a baptismal date.  Right now everything is looking up, we have tomorrow and Thursday and half of Friday already full of appointments every hour on the hour and every appointment is with someone close to baptism.  I feel like we are about to open the flood gates and a lot of people will be baptized.  We are praying hard and trying to be exactly obedient and it is working.  Thank you all for all your help and prayers, they are working for sure.  I don't know if I ever told you guys but that girl, Sister A. that moved to Colorado has moved back and we've been teaching her, and she has really good fellowship, and came to church two weeks in a  row now!  Well this ends part one, this computer is sketchy so I will work on part two!



So besides investigators, this past week some other stuff happened too. We had temple service and we bagged grass and stuff on the temple lawn for 7 hours and I got to work with Hermano V. there for the whole day, I miss him. It is a project that they do once every 4 years, and last time they did it it took them 3 months, but with the missionaries help they will have it done in two weeks! Thats a lot of workers haha. 

Yesterday was Zone Conference and Elder Duncan of the 70 came and spoke and it was so good. He talked a lot about increasing faith and really believing we can do this and I am certain that is what jumpstarted us into setting two baptismal dates last night. I realized something too. I have felt like on my mission I have been able to start teaching people, or help them work through their struggles, but never quite get them to baptism...then I really thought about it, prayed about it, and heard about it at Zone Conference and have come to the conclusion it doesn't matter...that is a selfish thought, anyway. Its like a pitching staff in baseball. Very rarely does the starter go the whole game, it takes a whole pitching staff to pull out the W, and thats ok. As missionaries we are all a team and if it is my job to be a middle reliever or starter, and someone else will close thats ok. We are all on the same team. Times up love you guys :)
 
Love,
Elder Molinaro


No comments:

Post a Comment